Snapchat is basically a photo and video messaging app. This guide will teach you how to use Snapchat on PC. I’ve also provided a quick installation tutorial in case you don’t know how to run this app on a computer.
Features of Snapchat
While you read the features below, don’t forget to read the ‘how to use Snapchat on PC’ guide after that.
It’s an app that allows users to send each other pictures and videos , it’s unique in a way that the sent pictures and videos only last for a short span of time that lasts up to 10 seconds after that they self-destruct and are not saved on the device.
1) Voice and video calls – Clear voice and high definition video supported
Want to know how to use Snapchat on PC? Keep reading for secret tips.
Using this application you can make voice and video calls .This feature is the latest addition to this app.The two ways you can use to send your people photos and videos : By sending 10sec recordings both audio/video or making a regular voice/video call lasting an infinite amount of time as desired by the user.
2) Two filters at once with just a swipe
This photo app in its list of unique features also offers the use of two filters at once its rather simple actually to add another filter to your picture all you have to do is hold the screen with one finger and swipe left or right with another to find your second filter.
3) Make your videos go in fast-forward, slow motion, or rewind
This cool chatting app has this awesome feature that allows users to edit their videos in a way that they can make them go faster, slow them down and put them on rewind giving the video a whole new feel and it’s very simple actually all you have to do is swipe between your options of what effect you desire to use .
- Snail icon = slow motion
- Rabbit = fast-forward
- Backward-facing arrows = rewind
4) Turn on “travel mode” to save data
Snapchat has a built in feature called ‘travel mode’ . This feature helps you to conserve your data .When you set your Snapchat app to travel mode, snaps and stories won’t download automatically. Instead, you can choose when you want to load a snap or a story. It can also help reduce video lagging.
How to Use Snapchat on PC
I’m sure you have installed the app on your phone and laptop by now but if you haven’t done so, follow these easy steps below. I will explain how to use this awesome app on a computer after this quick tutorial.
ALERT: Special tips for using this app coming after this.
Steps – Install Snapchat on PC
- Download an Android emulator to run a virtual Android device on your laptop. Use this link to download Bluestacks emulator.
- Install the emulator by double-clicking the file you downloaded in above step.
- Once installed, run the emulator and open Google Play Store on the virtual Android device that’s now running on your PC.
- Search for Snapchat in Play store. Install the app.
Now let’s see how to use this app on a PC. It’s the same as on a mobile so this guide should serve as a universal tutorial for all Snapchat users, whether using a phone or a PC.
How to use Snapchat – Tips and Tricks
Here are some pro tips for those who want to know how to use Snapchat for PC.
- If you reach text limit on Snapchat, there is a simple way to overcome this problem. Write your message in Notepad or another native text application on your PC and copy it to the text editor in Snapchat. You can type as many characters as many you want using this method.
- You can resize text in this app by tapping the ‘T’ icon. Similarly, you can change color using the same ‘T’ option.
- If you open color palette, you won’t be able to find black and white color. The only way to access these two special colors is to drag the color palette to the upper left corner of your screen.
- Learn to create custom on-demand gel filters. These filters can be added to pictures so that other users can locate them using geo filters.
Snapchat is probably the most famous photo application on Android and iOS. Learning how to use Snapchat on PC could help bring your photos to life on a bigger screen.