Snapseed is an award-winning photo editing application initially developed by Nik Software, before Google acquired the distribution rights.
In this article, you will learn how to use an Android emulator (BlueStacks) to download Snapseed and install it on your Windows/Mac computer.
How to Install Snapseed for PC on Your Windows Computer?
Android/iOS users can easily download the app from their respective play stores. However, PC users are at a disadvantage.
You will get a host of download options if you search with Google for Snapseed for PC. Unfortunately, none of them will work unless you follow an innovative tweak.
If you are looking for ways to download Snapseed for PC, here is a simple step-by-step tutorial to help you out.
We will be using a Windows 7 PC for explaining this tutorial. However, you can use the same procedure to download Snapseed for PC on Windows 10, Windows 7, or Mac laptops as well. Just follow the simple steps below to get Snapseed installed on your PC.
Option 1: Preferred Method (Using BlueStacks)
Step 1: Download BlueStacks
BlueStacks is an Android emulator that enables desktop/laptop computers to run Android apps. It resides on a host operating system (Windows/Mac OS X) as a virtual Android device and acts as a platform to install Android-based apps.
BlueStacks’ official website provides an easy interface to download BlueStacks on your Windows computer. Just visit the website and click on the download button present right at the top of the page.
After the download is complete, click on the executable file to initiate installation. Follow the on-screen instructions carefully and the installation process will complete in a few minutes. If required, restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Step 2: Open BlueStacks and Log In
Upon restart, click on the BlueStacks icon to launch the application. The next step is to set up your BlueStacks account, for which you will need an active Google account. You can use your Google credentials to sign in to BlueStacks.
Remember that you need to have Microsoft .NET runtime environment installed on your computer to run BlueStacks properly. If you have yet to install the .NET framework, you can do so by visiting the official Microsoft download site here.
Step 3: Navigate to All Apps > Browser > Google Play Store
On the BlueStacks dashboard, click on the All Apps icon. In the new window, click on Browser. Type “http://play.google.com” in the address bar and press Enter. In the new dialogue box, select Play Store (second option) to go to the Google Play Store interface.
Step 4: Search for Snapseed on Google Play Store
In the Google Play Store search bar, type Snapseed. It will give you a list of apps. Select Snapseed and click on the install link. Play Store will automatically download the app and install it on the BlueStacks emulator.
Option 2: Alternative Method (Using APK)
If you are having issues with the first method, you may try out Snapseed installation via the APK file instead.
Like any other Android app, Snapseed is packaged in an APK file. You can download the APK file directly from the developer site.
After downloading, right-click on the APK file and select Open With. Click on More Options and choose BlueStacks to open the file.
Alternatively, you can also open BlueStacks and drag-and-drop the APK file directly into the dashboard. Then you need to follow the on-screen instructions to install Snapseed on your PC.
You have now successfully installed Snapseed on your PC. You can now go ahead and open the application to start editing your photographs straight away.
That’s all you need to do to download and install Snapseed for PC on your Windows or Mac computer.
Before concluding the tutorial, here’s a snapshot of the amazing features that Snapseed for PC brings to your fingertips.
- Auto Filter: This feature optimally enhances any photograph automatically with a single click of a mouse button. It can be used to autocorrect the brightness, contrast, colors, sharpness, exposure, and a host of other parameters.
- Contrast Correction: This feature is used to retain the highlights and shadow details while allowing you to manually increase or decrease the contrast.
- Color Correction: As the name suggests, this feature allows you to play with color tones.
- Image Tuning: This allows you to enhance the distribution of lights (tones) across the photograph. A few other parameters like brightness, ambiance, saturation, and white balance can be also modified using this feature.
- Straighten: It’s not always possible to capture photographs with a straight horizon. This feature lets you adjust a tilted horizon and bring it back to the right position.
- Cropping: Like any other photo editing software, Snapseed for PC comes with a powerful crop tool. It allows you to eliminate distractions and ensure that the intended subject is in the right focus area. It comes with several built-in aspect ratios, like 3:2, 4:3, 5:4, and 16:9. Moreover, the app also offers you a free crop feature to select only the intended areas on any given photograph.
These are some of the cool features that come along with Snapseed for PC. Use Snapseed to make your photographs more vibrant and colorful, and help them stand apart from run-of-the-mill photographs.
Rest assured, Snapseed will act as a one-stop solution to fulfill all your future photo editing requirements.
So what are you waiting for? Follow the steps mentioned in this article and install Snapseed on your desktop/laptop PC today!