Geometry Dash 2.1 APK is the new version of the famous platform title by RobTop Games. You will find many improvements and new features in this version. The developers have deployed a tighter security system and added leaderboards to make the game more lifelike.
This 11th official update of the famous platformer game was released in July 2017 for Android. Along with new features, this update also gave us many new levels. These were main levels and not user-created levels.
New features in Geometry Dash 2.1 APK
In addition to new levels, this version of Geometry Dash 2.1 APK also brings you many new game modes. You can play the following new modes and enjoy some additional features.
- Fingerdash mode is entirely new and it’s a lot of fun
- A spider game mode is also available in this recent version
- You have new jump orbs as well
- You will also find custom gameplay orbs in this edition
- Now the game offers red jump pad and a red 4x speed portal
- You have two new shops to get your favorite in-game items
- Developers have added two new vaults in this Geometry Dash 2.1 APK version
- Players can also grab daily rewards such in this new game
- You will have a chance to get free shards daily such as fire, ice, poison, shadow, bonus, and lava when you play the game regularly
- There is a new Hall of Fame for those who want to compete with other global players
- Many new features added to level editor
- The developers have also added an Epic Ranking feature in this new APK
- Now you have many more ways to comment
- New icons and colors make it a whole new world
How to benefit from the latest features
To get a smoother start in this fun game, read this guide. I bet, you will have an awesome start in the game.
You start this game as a hop-happy icon who has unlimited attempts to complete the level in one go. You will pilot spaceship, helicopter, and birds in this ultimate platform title.
Read the tips and tricks below and have some fun playing Geometry Dash game.
1- Learn to avoid the obstacles
When you play this title, you need to be good at avoiding the spikes and other obstacles. The game won’t be fun unless you improve your reflexes by practicing the game. There is no limit to how many times you can try a level.
When your run ends by hitting a spike, try to remember where you hit it. If you practice a few times, you would eventually develop reflexes to avoid the obstacle when it appears the next time.
Pro tip: Concentration is the secret to beat the obstacles
Sometimes, you might feel like you are going nowhere with a certain level. Despite trying a dozen of times, you always hit an obstacle.
Try turning off the music and remove other distractions around you. If you are playing the game with kids around, find a quiet corner. Often it’s all about concentration more than anything else.
Pro tip: Go to ‘practice’ mode
Practice mode is a great way to explore different obstacles and tricky spots. Learn to get obstacles by focusing on the hard ones.
And yeah as you guessed, you can set checkpoints in the practice mode so you don’t start from beginning when you fail.
2- Play the game on a bigger screen
If you find it difficult to avoid obstacles on your tiny mobile phone screen, it’s time to upgrade. Try this game on your PC. I assure, it’s going to be a lot of fun.
To play this game on your laptop, follow the steps below.
- Download Bluestacks. It’s a free Android emulator that allows you to run Android apps on Windows PC and Mac. Once you install it on your computer, you can play Geometry Dash 2.1 your PC.
- Install Bluestacks by running the installer you just downloaded. Follow on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- Now download Geometry Dash 2.1 APK and load it in your emulator. It will install automatically and appear in your app dashboard.
- Run the game from the emulator to play it on the large screen of your computer.
If you need to see a full tutorial on how to run Geometry Dash on PC, check this guide.
3- Don’t collect the secret coins
Unless you really want to get into trouble, forget about the secret coins when you are trying a level for the first time. These coins are awesome. They allow you to buy new player icons. You also need to have these coins to unlock the ‘demon’ difficulty in the game.
But these coins aren’t easy to collect. The path you take while collecting these coins is harder than the alternate path. Leave them for later when you have mastered your way to the level exit.
4- Use boosters to your advantage
Geometry Dash gives you boosters that take the game to a whole new level. You can collect a springer to fly higher in the air when jumping. It could prove really handy at some of the tricky jumps. To improve your jump capabilities above the ground, go for sparkles booster. You will gather more boosters as you progress through the levels.
When you get a booster, don’t just blast it. Wait for the right moment to use it. With the right timing, boosters can help you achieve the impossible. Try them when you are stuck at some obstacle and you can’t find a way through it without using one of your precious boosters.
5- Take a nap
Isn’t this obvious? You always forget about sleeping when hooked to a new addictive game.
Geometry Dash 2.1 is such an addictive game that a lot of you are going to forget about resting. I’ve seen people spending hours on the same level. The wise move is to take a break and come back to the game with fresh eyes. Your reflexes slow down and you are no where closer to your best when you are tired.